Quality Work Done On A Cylinder Head Casting For A Brough Superior
jon_banquer
2008-03-08 23:55:12 UTC
http://www.brufnut.de/SS100/ENGINE/HEADS/heads.htm

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
Protagonist
2008-03-09 00:19:39 UTC
Post by jon_banquer
http://www.brufnut.de/SS100/ENGINE/HEADS/heads.htm
Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
Why not build an electric car?
Massing around with filthy gasoline engines!
They become like DVD players.
if it breaks, just buy a new one, not worth to repair it.
JS
jon_banquer
2008-03-09 00:42:28 UTC
Post by Protagonist
Why not build an electric car?
Too clean. I'm a dirty Jew who likes to get his hands dirty. ;>)
Post by Protagonist
Massing around with filthy gasoline engines!
So dump your BMW and get a Tesla.... It's named after a genius and
like you Tesla hated Jews. Seems like a match made in heaven.
Post by Protagonist
They become like DVD players. if it breaks, just buy a new one, not worth to repair it.
Is it me or do all BMW's look like a box?

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
Protagonist
2008-03-09 01:54:51 UTC
Post by Protagonist
They become like DVD players. if it breaks, just buy a new one, not worth to repair it.
Is it me or do all BMW's look like a box?
Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
Electric car vs Ferrari

Who Killed the Electric Car trailer

jon_banquer
2008-03-09 17:05:42 UTC
Who Killed the Electric Car http://youtu.be/MSBykAngDpY
I thought we couldn't trust Jew Hollywood? Now you want to cite Jew
Hollywood when it's convenient for you to do so? ;>)

What do you think of hydrogen / fuel cell cars?

Any idea what the price is to replace the fuel cell (only good for
50,000 miles) in the Chevy Equinox?

Has anyone done any studies to see what kind of impact producing all
this extra electricity needed to charge or power these cars is going
to cost?

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
Protagonist
2008-03-09 21:04:02 UTC
Post by jon_banquer
Who Killed the Electric Car http://youtu.be/MSBykAngDpY
I thought we couldn't trust Jew Hollywood? Now you want to cite Jew
Hollywood when it's convenient for you to do so? ;>)
What do you think of hydrogen / fuel cell cars?
Any idea what the price is to replace the fuel cell (only good for
50,000 miles) in the Chevy Equinox?
Has anyone done any studies to see what kind of impact producing all
this extra electricity needed to charge or power these cars is going
to cost?
Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
H2O cars or pure electric cars are coming, weather you like it or not!
When you'll pay $6-$7 /gal or more for gas, it'll be cost effective and
much more cleaner, reliable what we have today.
Your kids will rip the benfit of it.
JS
gk
2008-03-09 00:28:22 UTC
Post by jon_banquer
http://www.brufnut.de/SS100/ENGINE/HEADS/heads.htm
Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
I sure hope you were able to catch him in time to tell him how necessary
it was to hold .0004 on the guide bores to seat bores. Otherwise, they
poor guy will have a scrap part.

gk
jon_banquer
2008-03-09 00:37:56 UTC
Post by gk
I sure hope you were able to catch him in time to tell him how necessary
it was to hold .0004 on the guide bores to seat bores. Otherwise, they
poor guy will have a scrap part.
gk
Unlike your engines his don't turn into hand grenades.

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
Cliff
2008-03-16 09:50:39 UTC
Post by jon_banquer
Post by gk
I sure hope you were able to catch him in time to tell him how necessary
it was to hold .0004 on the guide bores to seat bores. Otherwise, they
poor guy will have a scrap part.
gk
Unlike your engines his don't turn into hand grenades.
http://www.hillmanimages.com/912/engine_limits.html
Tolerance (new)
Valve stem diameter: intake valve 9.990-9.978 mm (0.3933-0.3928 in)
Valve guide to valve stem clearance 0.035-0.060 mm Intake valve clearance in
bore (0.0014-0.0024 in)

Tolerance (new)
Valve stem diameter: exhaust valve 9.970-9.958 mm (0.3925-0.3920 in)
Valve guide to valve stem clearance. Exhaust valve clearance in bore
0.055-0.080 mm (0.0022-0.0031 in)

Now see the wear limits <BSEG>.
Cliff
Joe788
2008-03-10 02:49:37 UTC
Post by jon_banquer
http://www.brufnut.de/SS100/ENGINE/HEADS/heads.htm
Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
He needs a little Haas VF2TR.

Fantastic manual work though.
jon_banquer
2008-03-10 03:20:39 UTC
Post by Joe788
Post by jon_banquer
http://www.brufnut.de/SS100/ENGINE/HEADS/heads.htm
Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
He needs a little Haas VF2TR.
Fantastic manual work though.
Using a single point tool (the boring bar in the Wohlhaupter head)
he's doing a superior job to what is shown being done in the video
link below with a very expensive seat and guide machine. The reason
for this is that the seat and guide machine uses a form tool / multi-
angle cutter and this approach will not yield the superior surface
finish that a single point cutting tool does. IOW his valve will have
much more contact with the valve seat and all the benefits that
brings.

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
gk
2008-03-10 04:20:12 UTC
Post by jon_banquer
Post by Joe788
Post by jon_banquer
http://www.brufnut.de/SS100/ENGINE/HEADS/heads.htm
Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
He needs a little Haas VF2TR.
Fantastic manual work though.
Using a single point tool (the boring bar in the Wohlhaupter head)
he's doing a superior job to what is shown being done in the video
link below with a very expensive seat and guide machine. The reason
for this is that the seat and guide machine uses a form tool / multi-
angle cutter and this approach will not yield the superior surface
finish that a single point cutting tool does. IOW his valve will have
much more contact with the valve seat and all the benefits that
brings.
http://youtu.be/aCQIDTY2TeQ
Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
But what about the .0004 concentricity? I would hate to see all that
nice work wasted because he couldn't hold the required tolerances.

gk
jon_banquer
2008-03-11 02:48:49 UTC
Post by gk
But what about the .0004 concentricity?
What about answering the question I have been asking you on what the
total run out tolerance is for both valve guide and seat for most
modern cars?

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
gk
2008-03-11 04:05:33 UTC
Post by jon_banquer
Post by gk
But what about the .0004 concentricity?
What about answering the question I have been asking you on what the
total run out tolerance is for both valve guide and seat for most
modern cars?
Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
Most likely depends on the manufacturer, Jonnie. In spite of what you
might imagine, there aren't industry standards for these types of
tolerances. Of course, I could be wrong and them I'm sure you will
quickly point me to the appropriate SAE standard from your standards
disk set. I'll be waiting.....

gk
Cliff
2008-03-16 09:40:44 UTC
Post by gk
Post by jon_banquer
Post by gk
But what about the .0004 concentricity?
What about answering the question I have been asking you on what the
total run out tolerance is for both valve guide and seat for most
modern cars?
Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
Most likely depends on the manufacturer, Jonnie. In spite of what you
might imagine, there aren't industry standards for these types of
tolerances. Of course, I could be wrong and them I'm sure you will
quickly point me to the appropriate SAE standard from your standards
disk set. I'll be waiting.....
gk
Still waitng .... perhaps he needs GD&T lessons ....
Cliff
Cliff
2008-03-16 09:38:58 UTC
Post by jon_banquer
Post by Joe788
Post by jon_banquer
http://www.brufnut.de/SS100/ENGINE/HEADS/heads.htm
Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA
He needs a little Haas VF2TR.
Fantastic manual work though.
Using a single point tool (the boring bar in the Wohlhaupter head)
he's doing a superior job to what is shown being done in the video
link below with a very expensive seat and guide machine.
Such as exactly what you said HAD to be used, right?
Post by jon_banquer
The reason
for this is that the seat and guide machine uses a form tool / multi-
angle cutter and this approach will not yield the superior surface
finish that a single point cutting tool does.
And the scallop height is what in those "surface finish" calculations?
Post by jon_banquer
IOW his valve will have
much more contact with the valve seat and all the benefits that
brings.
<Snicker>
Post by jon_banquer
http://youtu.be/aCQIDTY2TeQ