Large SS ring source
Just Me
2016-01-21 21:10:55 UTC
Job I'm doing now,prop shaft for Army Corp of engineers dredge, requires a stainless steel ring to be shrunk on to the prop mounting flange, about 30.2 od, 29.5 id and 6inch wide, 316 grade. Company is having trouble finding a source, any ideas anyone. Thanks
Garlicdude
2016-01-22 16:52:28 UTC
Post by Just Me
Job I'm doing now,prop shaft for Army Corp of engineers dredge, requires a stainless steel ring to be shrunk on to the prop mounting flange, about 30.2 od, 29.5 id and 6inch wide, 316 grade. Company is having trouble finding a source, any ideas anyone. Thanks
I've had rings forged at Coulter Steel and Forge, nothing that large,
not sure of what sizes they are capable of forging, but here is their link

http://www.coulter-forge.com/capabilities.html

Best,
Steve

---
StarDust
2016-01-23 11:28:36 UTC
Post by Just Me
Job I'm doing now,prop shaft for Army Corp of engineers dredge, requires a stainless steel ring to be shrunk on to the prop mounting flange, about 30.2 od, 29.5 id and 6inch wide, 316 grade. Company is having trouble finding a source, any ideas anyone. Thanks
Very thin and large, .35" thick? Maybe cut from an SST pipe?