NEED HELP- OKUMA ALARM CODE
Choong
2007-01-24 17:40:39 UTC
Hi everyone, i am a industrial PCB repairer that service and repair
machine boards of all kind, including CNC at times, problem is I got an
SVC-A board which produce 100-3 Alarm A DIF OVER X-AXIS 26B5. I wonder
what reference for this in the Okuma alarm book so any please help me
clarify this? Without knowing what is written on the alarm book my
repair diagnosis could be more difficult. Please help.

Thanks
Choong
Malaysia
Tero Kaarlela

Malaysia
Mark
2007-01-25 05:55:01 UTC
Post by Choong
Hi everyone, i am a industrial PCB repairer that service and repair
machine boards of all kind, including CNC at times, problem is I got an
SVC-A board which produce 100-3 Alarm A DIF OVER X-AXIS 26B5. I wonder
what reference for this in the Okuma alarm book so any please help me
clarify this? Without knowing what is written on the alarm book my
repair diagnosis could be more difficult. Please help.
Thanks
Choong
Malaysia
Not sure this will help but, from from the Alarm List for an OSP5020L /
OSP5000L-G / OSP500L-G control:

Alarm 100
Follow up error in axis movement exceeds the permissible error range
(16384/2 um).
(The value exceeds the permissible error range more than three times in
succession)

Possible Faulty Locations:
Mechanical problems such as insufficient slideway lubrication and collision
of turret.

Mark
Tero Kaarlela
2007-01-25 15:06:38 UTC
Also on 5020M error list:

possible faults:

position encoder of axis
axis drive motor
drive unit
axis board

Tero Kaarlela
Eka-Sorvaus Oy
Mark
Choong
2007-01-25 16:36:03 UTC
Thanks Tero and Mark, you guys are helpful indeed but with your answers
combined I can safely assume that it is the SVC-A axis board problem
because it is for that reason our local Hitachi plant brought it to us
for repair and for your info what I need to do now with the board is to
change its SMPS power IC and also to recheck or replace all the
opto-isolator ICs on it as there is no LED alight on the board. I will
let you all know the result of this electronics repair as it might also
proof useful for many people here too.

Thanks
Choong
Malaysia
Post by Tero Kaarlela
position encoder of axis
axis drive motor
drive unit
axis board
Tero Kaarlela
Eka-Sorvaus Oy
Malaysia
Tero Kaarlela
2007-01-25 17:16:17 UTC
Do so pls. I have LR-15 MATC-Y/3T 7 axis turning center here that has 8
boards and all need repair within few weeks(ASAP when I have time to get
into it). So pls keep me informed :)

Tero Kaarlela
Eka-Sorvaus OY
Post by Choong
Thanks Tero and Mark, you guys are helpful indeed but with your answers
combined I can safely assume that it is the SVC-A axis board problem
because it is for that reason our local Hitachi plant brought it to us
for repair and for your info what I need to do now with the board is to
change its SMPS power IC and also to recheck or replace all the
opto-isolator ICs on it as there is no LED alight on the board. I will
let you all know the result of this electronics repair as it might also
proof useful for many people here too.
Thanks
Choong
Malaysia
Post by Tero Kaarlela
position encoder of axis
axis drive motor
drive unit
axis board
Tero Kaarlela
Eka-Sorvaus Oy
Malaysia
Tero Kaarlela
2007-01-25 17:27:30 UTC
BTW,

1. Do you have Okuma Servo board repair manual?(its also on Okuma OSP
maintenance manual very good info in it)
2. Have you checked that board is supplied with Voltage?(since leds are
not lid)
3. Have you checked Power transistor modules under card?(these tend to
get short-circuit and burn card so if you repair card and replace it to
broken transistors its going to burn again. Also its advisable to check
servo power cables because when insulation worns out from cables that
follow machine movement ie. turret and cables ground themselves it burns
transistor modules)

Tero Kaarlela
Eka-Sorvaus Oy
Post by Choong
Thanks Tero and Mark, you guys are helpful indeed but with your
answers combined I can safely assume that it is the SVC-A axis board
problem because it is for that reason our local Hitachi plant brought
it to us for repair and for your info what I need to do now with the
board is to change its SMPS power IC and also to recheck or replace
all the opto-isolator ICs on it as there is no LED alight on the
board. I will let you all know the result of this electronics repair
as it might also proof useful for many people here too.
Thanks
Choong
Malaysia
Post by Tero Kaarlela
position encoder of axis
axis drive motor
drive unit
axis board
Tero Kaarlela
Eka-Sorvaus Oy
Malaysia
Choong
2007-01-26 16:54:44 UTC
Tero, everything you mentioned is not related as in my situation the
board can did tested on a working machine for confirmation, then after
that the default board was refitted again and the machine works, so it
is the board that i am repairing that is still having problem so like i
have said, what i need to do now is to change its DC components
especially the SMPS IC and test all the opto couplers by live DC out
board checking.

Choong
Eka-Sorvaus Oy
Tero Kaarlela
2007-01-26 17:24:12 UTC
Oh ok I see. Do you know type/manufacturer for 1A and 3.2A special fuses
on SVC-A boards? I need 25 pcs of 1A and 8 pcs of 3.2A

Tero Kaarlela
Eka-Sorvaus Oy