Hyundai lathe dead, now alive again
Randy333
2015-08-26 13:09:53 UTC
A few weeks back my HIT-18S lathe died. I was running a new part and
I had the Z clearance set to Z10. and with a long tool it backed up
too far and I got the dreaded "z-axis contouring" error. Now the only
way I know out of that error is to power off and back on. When I
powered it back on I got an error 43 "PLC-CPU not ready for operation"

Short version, With the help of 2 very good friends we found a dead
power supply on the back of the front panel keyboard, dual 5.1VDC.
Could not fix the Siemens supply, so we put in 2 separate supplies
mounted on a custom made Plexiglas mount. THEN....after a full day of
muddling thru a whole ton of new errors we got the correct boot up
procedure to restore all the files. Somewhere in there we did a NC
general reset, which wiped out all the stored settings, but all is
well now.

Just trying to post something ON topic.

Randy
Remove 333 to reply.