Help with clearing Fanuc alarm 101
Joel Moore
2003-08-18 17:04:21 UTC
The controller is a 0-MD. It happened when someone was trying to upload a
program to the machine and he noticed that the DNC was directed at another
machine. I think he thought the Fanuc controller was locked up for some
reason so he shut down the machine and when he restarted this alarm was
active.

The maint. manual has this to say:

"101 PLEASE CLEAR MEMORY

The power turned off while rewriting the memory by program edit operation.
If this alarm has occurred, set the parameter PWE to 1 while pressing
<DELETE>, and only the program being edited will be deleted. Register the
deleted program."

Huh?

Any ideas on what I can do to clear this alarm?

Thanks,

Joel Moore
Thomas Nulla
2003-08-18 23:07:43 UTC
Post by Joel Moore
"101 PLEASE CLEAR MEMORY
The power turned off while rewriting the memory by program edit operation.
If this alarm has occurred, set the parameter PWE to 1 while pressing
<DELETE>, and only the program being edited will be deleted. Register the
deleted program."
Huh?
Any ideas on what I can do to clear this alarm?
I've never seen this particular problem, but the first thing I'd try is
setting the PWE parameter (often #8000) to 1 while holding down the
'Delete' key.

Then set PWE to 0, reset the control, and see if that cleared the alarm.
If it didn't, I'd post again.
--
Thomas -email replies: remove delthis to reply-

http://home.austin.rr.com/tnulla/index.htm (high fidelity, liquid PC)
"After two years in Washington, I often long for the realism and
sincerity of Hollywood." Fred Thompson
Jim Short
2003-08-19 01:14:18 UTC
Do what Thomas said.
It worked for me.

Set PWE to 1
Turn Control off
Hold delete key while pressing ON button.
All programs will be erased.
Jim
Thomas Nulla
2003-08-19 10:46:50 UTC
I'm pretty sure we tried that. We called our VAR and followed some
instructions that ended up wiping out all the parameters. Luckily there is
a floppy disk backup of those parameters which has sat forgotten in a
binder since the day we purchased the machine.
However, now we're having immense difficulty uploading those parameters.
It's been so many years since I had to reload parameters from scratch, I
don't remember the process. Did you correctly set the RS232 parameters
manually before trying to read in the other parameters?

As a last resort, print out the parameters and load 'em all by hand...ugh,
I had to do that long ago on a Fanuc 6TB.

MR
2003-08-19 05:14:05 UTC
Post by Joel Moore
The controller is a 0-MD. It happened when someone was trying to upload a
program to the machine and he noticed that the DNC was directed at another
machine. I think he thought the Fanuc controller was locked up for some
reason so he shut down the machine and when he restarted this alarm was
active.
"101 PLEASE CLEAR MEMORY
The power turned off while rewriting the memory by program edit operation.
If this alarm has occurred, set the parameter PWE to 1 while pressing
<DELETE>, and only the program being edited will be deleted. Register the
deleted program."
Huh?
Any ideas on what I can do to clear this alarm?
Thanks,
Joel Moore
My 0 Maint Manual says :
1) Set PWE = 1
2) Power Down
3) Press and hold "Delete" Key
4) Power up the control
5) Part programs will be deleted.

Your part program memory became corrupted.

Follow the instructions.
You are going to clear all the part programs
out of memory.

xman
2003-08-19 23:28:15 UTC
Sometimes following action make big problem.
Post by MR
1) Set PWE = 1
2) Power Down
3) Press and hold "Delete" Key
4) Power up the control
5) Part programs will be deleted.
this delete all part program and delete all p-code variables for embedded
macro program.

if your machine has a special machine mackers function by macro(executor),
this program do not work anymore.

So, I use Memory Clear Menu.
1) Power Down
2) Press and hold '-' & '.'
3) you can see Fanuc Memory Clear Menu
you can delete all program or all parameter or additional Sram of C
executor..... 1 path or 2 path or Loader memory
4) in this menu, clear part memory, do not delete p-code (Macro executor)
data...

goodluck