Fanuc Parameter and System Variables, long post
Mike
2004-11-30 12:48:02 UTC
We are installing a Renishaw probe in a Toshiba TMF-10 millturn.
When we calibrate the probe we have to turn pararmeter 5002 bit
4 (LGT tool geometry compensation) to 0. This causes compensation
to occur by shifting the coordinate system. When in production we
have to set bit 4 to 1. This causes compensation by tool movement.
If we leave it set to 0 drilling tools crash when returning to ref
plane.

When the probe is doing a protected positioning move it looks at
system variable 5081 and 5082. According to my yellow Fanuc book
18iTA 5081 and 5082 are Tool Offset Values. When I calibrate the
probe these variables worked fine. When we tried a production test
with the probe we received a path obstructed alarm even though the
probe was able to position correctly. The reason we received a path
obstructed alarm was 5082 has a .0794 value stored in it. We change
the program from a 5081 and 5082 variables to 2711 and 2811 (the
actual
system variables for the tool geometry offsets) and were able to do
the protected positioning moves although the actual probing
positioning and return
values were incorrect. When we went to recalibrate the probe the probe
crashed because of the variables we had changed, 5081 to 2711 and 5081
2811.

Finally here are my questions. Does anyone know what system variable
5081 and 5082 are? Are they a tool geometry value, a tool wear value,
combination of both, some other answer? Does anyone know how the value
of parameter 5002 bit 4 and the values of 5081,5082 interact?

Thanks Mike
MachineSoft
2004-11-30 23:18:55 UTC
Have a good time..

1. what system variable 5081 and 5082
#5001~ about coordinate or compensation...
:
#5081 : X.Tool Compensation value
#5082 : Y.Tool Compensation value
#5083 : Z.Tool Compensation value

2. about parameter 5002.4
LGT Tool geometry compensation (When the option of tool geometry/wear
compensation is selected,
this parameter is effective. Whenever the option is not selected,
compensation is made according to the tool movement.

0 : Compensated by the shift of the coordinate system
(Compensation is made in the block of T code regardless of LWM at this
time.)
1 : Compensated by the tool movement

NOTE
When tool geometry compensation of the T system is to be performed by
shifting the coordinate system
(with bit 4 (LGT) of parameter No.5002 set to 0), the programmed position,
ignoring tool offset, is displayed
(with this parameter set to 1), but the programmed position, ignoring tool
geometry compensation, cannot be displayed.
Post by Mike
[...]

Database (slave) 0.003070 s
44.3125 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
SELECT `lang` FROM `newsgroup` WHERE `newsgroup_url` = 'alt.machines.cnc' (4)
0.000123 s
0.000262 s
0.000186 s
0.000744 s
2.2344 kB
2.3672 kB
2.2676 kB
9.0703 kB
SELECT `code`, `name` FROM `lang` WHERE `code` = 'en' (3)
0.000141 s
0.000177 s
0.000160 s
0.000479 s
2.4141 kB
2.4141 kB
2.4141 kB
7.2422 kB
SELECT * FROM `lang` WHERE `code` = 'en' (1)
0.000138 s
0.000138 s
0.000138 s
0.000138 s
12.5313 kB
12.5313 kB
12.5313 kB
12.5313 kB
SELECT * FROM `thread` WHERE `hash` = '6vg0ZDm8' (1)
0.000514 s
0.000514 s
0.000514 s
0.000514 s
4.2500 kB
4.2500 kB
4.2500 kB
4.2500 kB
SELECT * FROM `newsgroup` WHERE `newsgroup_id` = '33055' (1)
0.000464 s
0.000464 s
0.000464 s
0.000464 s
5.8281 kB
5.8281 kB
5.8281 kB
5.8281 kB
SELECT * FROM `temp_simthread` WHERE `hash` = '6vg0ZDm8' (1)
0.000458 s
0.000458 s
0.000458 s
0.000458 s
2.6953 kB
2.6953 kB
2.6953 kB
2.6953 kB
SELECT text_res, img_res, manual FROM porndetect WHERE hash = '6vg0ZDm8' AND page = 1 (1)
0.000274 s
0.000274 s
0.000274 s
0.000274 s
2.6953 kB
2.6953 kB
2.6953 kB
2.6953 kB
Kohana 0.008809 s
42.1328 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
find_file (61)
0.000007 s
0.000607 s
0.000144 s
0.008809 s
0.5234 kB
2.1563 kB
0.6907 kB
42.1328 kB
Requests 0.092279 s
412.2891 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
"6vg0ZDm8/fanuc-parameter-and-system-variables-long-post" (1)
0.094116 s
0.094116 s
0.094116 s
0.094116 s
440.3125 kB
440.3125 kB
440.3125 kB
440.3125 kB
Thread controller 0.000725 s
27.7188 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
Init (1)
0.000725 s
0.000725 s
0.000725 s
0.000725 s
27.7188 kB
27.7188 kB
27.7188 kB
27.7188 kB
Thread parsing 0.076678 s
52.5938 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
Other (2)
0.004309 s
0.048936 s
0.026623 s
0.053245 s
8.7031 kB
16.5234 kB
12.6133 kB
25.2266 kB
PHP Post Parsing (1)
0.001649 s
0.001649 s
0.001649 s
0.001649 s
16.9141 kB
16.9141 kB
16.9141 kB
16.9141 kB
C++ Post Parsing (1)
0.021641 s
0.021641 s
0.021641 s
0.021641 s
6.8906 kB
6.8906 kB
6.8906 kB
6.8906 kB
Three (1)
0.000143 s
0.000143 s
0.000143 s
0.000143 s
3.5625 kB
3.5625 kB
3.5625 kB
3.5625 kB
Load & uncompress 0.048891 s
6.7578 kB
Benchmark Min Max Average Total
load_thread (1)
0.048891 s
0.048891 s
0.048891 s
0.048891 s
6.7578 kB
6.7578 kB
6.7578 kB
6.7578 kB
Application Execution (507) 0.020666 s 33.418700 s 0.197966 s 0.109369 s
749.6172 kB 4,534.3750 kB 1,358.3114 kB 1,064.6953 kB